How to Open a Door with a Credit Card
How to Open a Door with a Credit Card- You’ve probably seen it in the movies, but did you know that you can actually open a door with a credit card?
Checkout this video:
In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to open a door with a credit card. This is a useful skill to know if you’re ever locked out of your home or office. With a little bit of practice, you’ll be able to do this quickly and easily.
First, find a credit card that will fit into the door lock. You may need to try a few different cards before you find one that works. Once you have the right card, slide it into the space between the door and the frame. Apply pressure to the card so that it’s pressing against the latch. Then, use your other hand to turn the doorknob. The pressure from the credit card will keep the latch from moving, and you’ll be able to open the door.
If you’re having trouble with this technique, there are a few things you can try. First, make sure that there’s no gap between the door and the frame; if there is, the credit card won’t be able to apply enough pressure to the latch. You can also try using a thinner credit card; sometimes thicker cards are too stiff to bend in this way. Finally, make sure you’re applying enough pressure to the card; if you’re not, it won’t be able to hold back the latch.
With a little bit of practice, opening a door with a credit card is easy!
What You’ll Need
All you’ll need to open a door with a credit card is, surprisingly, just a credit card. Any type of credit card will work, including a store credit card, gas card, or even a business card. You will also need something to wedge the credit card into the doorjamb, such as a drivers license, phone case, or another thin piece of plastic or metal.
Opening a door with a credit card is surprisingly easy, and all you need is a little leverage. If you’re ever locked out of your house or apartment and don’t have a spare key handy, just give this method a try.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Look for the gap between the door and the frame. You’ll need to insert your card into this gap in order to open the door.
2. Slide your card into the gap, with the edge of the card facing down. Be careful not to damage the card by bending it too much.
3. Apply pressure to the card with your body weight and push it further into the gap. You should feel the card start to bend as you do this.
4. Use your other hand to apply pressure to the handle of the door, and start pushing down on it. The door should start to open as you do this. If it doesn’t, try repositioning the credit card or using more force.
5. Once the door is open far enough, wedge something into the gap to keep it from closing (a book or piece of wood works well for this). Then simply remove your credit card and walk into your home!
When to Use This Technique
There are many reasons you might need to get into a locked door without a key. Maybe you’ve lost your keys, or maybe you’re trying to get into a housing unit that hasn’t been rented out yet. In any case, knowing how to open a door with a credit card can be a lifesaver.
This technique should only be used as a last resort, as it can damage both the door and the credit card. Additionally, this method will only work on doors that have an inward-opening doorknob; if the doorknob opens outward, or if there is no doorknob at all (such as on a sliding glass door), this technique will not work.
With that disclaimer out of the way, here’s how to open a door with a credit card:
1. Insert the credit card into the space between the door and the frame, with the bendable part of the card facing the knob.
2. Apply pressure to the card so that it bends around the knob.
3. Apply pressure to the other side of the card (the part that’s still in the space between the door and frame) with your thumb or another finger. This will cause the card to slide down behind the knob and push it away from the frame, allowing you to open the door.
Opening a door with a credit card is a skill that everyone should know. It can come in handy in many situations, such as when you’re locked out of your house or car. While it’s not recommended to use this method on high-security doors, it can be a lifesaver in other situations. With a little practice, you can learn how to open a door with a credit card like a pro!