Why Didn’t I Get My Child Tax Credit Yet?

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is responsible for issuing the Child Tax Credit (CTC). If you’re wondering “Why Didn’t I Get My Child Tax Credit Yet?” find out the answer here.

Checkout this video:


If you’re like many parents, you’re probably wondering why you haven’t received your child tax credit yet. The child tax credit is a refundable credit that can save you up to $1,000 per child, depending on your income. For parents who are expecting their first child, the credit can be worth even more.

So why haven’t you received your child tax credit yet? There are a few possible reasons:

-You may not have filed your taxes yet. The child tax credit is only available to parents who file their taxes. If you haven’t filed your taxes yet, you won’t be able to claim the credit.
-You may not have enough taxable income. The child tax credit is only available to taxpayers with a certain amount of taxable income. If your taxable income is too low, you won’t be able to claim the credit.
-Your child may not meet the eligibility requirements. To be eligible for the child tax credit, your child must be under the age of 17 and must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien. Additionally, your child must have lived with you for more than half of the year and cannot provide more than half of his or her own support for the year.

If you think you might be eligible for the child tax credit but haven’t received it yet, there’s no need to worry. The IRS will automatically determine whether you’re eligible for the credit and will send you a refund if you are entitled to one.

What is the Child Tax Credit?

The Child Tax Credit is a tax credit available to eligible taxpayers who have qualifying children. The credit is worth up to $2,000 per qualifying child, and it can be used to reduce your tax bill or increase your refund. To claim the credit, you’ll need to file your taxes and include the required documentation.

If you’re wondering why you didn’t receive your Child Tax Credit, there are a few possible explanations. First, the credit is only available to taxpayers who meet certain income requirements. If your income is too high, you won’t be eligible for the credit. Second, the credit is subject to a maximum refundable amount. This means that if your tax bill is less than the amount of the credit, you’ll only receive a refund for the portion of the credit that exceeds your tax bill. Finally, the credit is phased out at higher income levels. This means that if your income is above a certain threshold, you’ll only be able to claim a portion of the credit (or none at all).

If you think you should have received the Child Tax Credit but didn’t, contact the IRS to discuss your options.

When Can I Expect My Payment?

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) will start issuing payments for the new Canada Child Benefit (CCB) in July 2016. The benefit is paid monthly, and you will receive your first payment in August.

The CRA will use the information from your 2015 tax return to calculate your benefit payments for the 2016-2017 benefit year. If you have not yet filed your 2015 tax return, you should do so as soon as possible. You can still receive the CCB for previous years, as long as you file your return within 10 years of the end of the relevant benefit year.

How Much Will I Receive?

The amount of the child tax credit is based on your income and the number of qualifying children. For 2021, the credit is worth up to $2,000 per child. If you have more than one child, you could potentially receive a credit worth up to $4,000. The credit is also partially refundable, which means that even if you don’t owe any taxes, you could still receive a refund for some of the credit.

Will My Payment Be Reduced If I Have Other Income?

If you have other income, your payment may be reduced. For example, if you earn income from a job or from investments, this may reduce the amount of your payment.

What If I Didn’t Get the Full Amount of the Child Tax Credit?

If your family didn’t get the full amount of the Child Tax Credit, it could be because your income was too high. The Child Tax Credit is only available to families who make less than a certain amount of money each year.

If you didn’t get the full amount of the credit, you may still be able to get some money back from the government. The amount you get back will depend on how much money your family makes.

If you have any questions about the Child Tax Credit, you can contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.

How Do I Claim the Child Tax Credit?

If you’re expecting to receive the child tax credit (CTC) for the first time, or if your circumstances have changed and you’re now eligible, you may be wondering how to claim it. The CTC is a refundable tax credit, which means that if the credit is more than the amount of taxes you owe, you’ll get a refund for the difference.

To claim the child tax credit, you’ll need to file a federal income tax return. You can do this yourself or with the help of a professional tax preparer. If you file electronically, you can generally expect to receive your refund within 21 days.

When you file your return, you’ll need to provide information about your dependent children, including their name, date of birth and Social Security number. You’ll also need to provide your own Social Security number so that the IRS can verify your eligibility for the credit.

If you’re claiming the CTC for the first time, you may also need to provide proof of your qualifying child’s U.S. citizenship or residency status. This can be done with a birth certificate, passport, green card or other official document.

You can find more information about claiming the child tax credit on the IRS website.

What Happens if I Disagree with the CRA’s Decision?

If you don’t agree with the CRA’s decision, you can file an objection. You must do this within 30 days of the date on your notice of assessment or reassessment.

When you file an objection, you’re asking the CRA to review their decision. An objection doesn’t mean that you’re going to court.

If you’re registered for My Account or the CRA’s MyBenefits CRA mobile app, you can file your objection online. If not, you can:

-write to your tax centre
-fax your tax centre
-call 1-866-870-5203
When you file an objection, include any information or documents that will help support your case. The CRA will send you a letter acknowledging that they’ve received your objection and will let you know when they’ve made a decision.


If you’re wondering “Why Didn’t I Get My Child Tax Credit Yet?”, the answer may be that the IRS is still processing your tax return. If you e-filed, it can take up to four weeks to receive your refund. If you filed a paper return, it can take up to eight weeks.

If it’s been more than eight weeks since you filed your return, and you’ve checked the status of your refund using the “Where’s My Refund?” tool on the IRS website, then there may be another reason why you haven’t received your child tax credit yet. Here are some other possible reasons:

-You didn’t include all required information on your tax return.
-You didn’t file a complete and accurate tax return.
-You owe money to the IRS or another government agency.
-You’re a victim of identity theft or fraud.
-The IRS needs more time to process your return because it was selected for review.

If you think one of these reasons might apply to you, contact the IRS directly so they can help you resolve the issue and get your refund to you as soon as possible.

Scroll to Top