You’ve just signed up for Instacart and you’re feeling pretty good about yourself. You’ve entered your credit card information, chosen a delivery window, and added a few items to your cart. But then you see the dreaded words: “Your credit card has been declined.”
Checkout this video:
Sign in to your account on the Instacart website or app.
There are two ways to use your Instacart credit: through the website or through the app.
To use your credit on the website:
1. Go to https://www.instacart.com/ and sign in to your account.
2. Hover over your name in the top right corner of the screen and click “Account.”
3. Scroll down to the “Payment Methods” section and click “Add Payment Method.”
4. Under “Gift Cards & Credits,” enter your Instacart credit code and click “Add.”
5. Your credit will now be applied to your next order!
To use your credit through the app:
1. Open the Instacart app on your phone and sign in to your account.
2. Tap the three lines in the top left corner of the screen, then tap “Account.”
3. Scroll down and tap “Payment Methods.”
4. Tap “Add Payment Method.”
5. Under “Gift Cards & Credits,” enter your Instacart credit code and tap “Done.”
6. Your credit will now be applied to your next order!
View your available credit balance.
To view your available credit balance:
1. Tap the three lines in the upper left corner of the app.
2. Tap **Account**.
3. Scroll down and tap **Instacart Credit** under PAYMENT METHODS.
Select the credit you want to use.
1. When you open the Instacart app, sign in and go to the menu.
2. Tap “Account” and then “Instacart Credit.”
3. Select the credit you want to use:
-Standard: Use this credit toward any order, including alcohol, alcohol-related items, and delivery fees. This is the default option when using your credit.
-Alcohol Only: Use this credit toward orders that include at least one alcohol item. You can’t use this credit toward alcohol-related items or delivery fees.
-Delivery Fee Only: Use this credit toward delivery fees only.
4. Tap “Done” to save your changes.
Enter the amount of credit you want to use.
To use your Instacart credit, simply enter the amount you want to use during checkout. Your credit will be applied to your order total automatically. If you have a remaining balance, it will be carried over to your next order.
Review your order and checkout.
When you’re ready to check out, review your order summary to make sure everything looks right—you can always adjust your order up until the time your shopper starts shopping.
Then, choose a payment method. If you have an Instacart Credit, you’ll see it as a payment option at checkout (as long as it’s not expired and there’s enough credit to cover your order total). Just select Instacart Credit as your payment method and enter the amount you’d like to use.
If you don’t have enough credit to cover your order total, you can use a different payment method for the remaining balance.